Monday, January 26, 2009

I Have a New Toy

This may not be the most interesting blog I've ever posted, but I wanted to share my latest excitement for home care. I just bought myself a steam cleaning machine and I've been having a LOT of fun with it. I was shopping in Costco last week and it jumped out at me and said "You have to buy me because your house will be so much cleaner if you have me helping you!" With that, I couldn't resist so it jumped in my cart and I brought it home. I must admit, it has been pretty fun. There is an attachment for grout and I've been using it on the kitchen floors. I thought the grout in our new kitchen was supposed to be dark grey, but much to my surprise (and disgust) it's actually supposed to be light grey. Yuck! Here are the before and after pictures.



This is what my floor looked like before steaming the grout.



And this is what it looked like after. Isn't it amazing?



Here is a shot where you can see what I've done and what I haven't done in the same picture.




This machine is basically as close as I can get to a power washer for inside the house (and you all know how much I love my power washer). It also came with attachments for windows, floors and wallpaper removal.

No, I'm not selling them, I've just spent my entire day using it and liked it.

If anyone has yucky grout I can clean for you, just let me know. :0)

7 comments:

Claudia said...

Wow. Can you come over? It's a bit of a drive, but that grout looks amazing :-)

Rachelle said...

AMAZING! I love deep cleaning results like that!

So, have you met my Aunt Janet yet? She's probably in your ward? Janet Lowry?

MANDY said...

Okay, that is amazing! I love the before and after pictures....wonder if Sams Club sells that baby?

Twinmomwv said...

Sure! Bring it on over the next time you visit. When is your spring break? We've had two days taken away because of all the cancellations. :(

The cool family! said...

Ewww... I need that!!!

Unknown said...

I have a steamer as well and I love the fact you can clean without using chemicals just steam. I use it in my bathroom all the time. I don't have grout anywhere but I do have caulking!

TOVAR said...

What is the name of your magic cleaning machine? I have been looking for such a tool, but don't want to just by whatever. Your display was more then enough proof for me. Let me know by leaving a comment on a post on my blog. Thanks