Saturday, January 24, 2009

Monster Jam


We live in West Virginia now, so we felt it was our duty as good citizens of the great state of West Virginia to attend a monster truck rally. It was tons of fun and except for the noise, I have no complaints.
This picture was taken right about the same time that Joseph's jaw dropped open with shock in the amazing spectacle he was beholding. Joseph has long been a fan of big trucks, so it was as if the mother ship had called him home. He was in heaven!


Ben loved it, too, but thought it was a bit noisy so he used ear plugs. What a cutie!





Ben ended up falling asleep towards the end (with all that noise-I was shocked, but then again, he's always lived with a lot of noise). When Ben woke up on the way to the Metro, he was sad that he'd missed the end, but felt better when I told him I'd video taped the end so he wouldn't miss it. It was a fun night out as a family. Our next adventure is going to be taking the kids to the Circus. They saw the signs all around while we were at Monster Jam. I remember going several times as a kid to see the Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey Circus, so I just can't resist when the very same Circus will be coming next month. I can hardly wait!



2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Oh my gosh! We almost went to something similar at the Verizon Center in DC tonight...but, I was dreading the drive- it was to start at 7:30pm or so....anyway, we convinced the kids that it would be fun to see "InkHeart" at the movies instead...they agreed...with a trip to Toys R Us too! Maybe one day...

Becca said...

That looks like a lot of fun! It's amazing that Ben slept all the way through it. I can't believe how big Ben is getting! Is he 2?