Friday, June 19, 2009

Kennedy Camping

Last weekend, we took the kids camping. I'd promised them the week before that if they went a week without watching TV, playing the computer or playing the Wii, we would take them camping with our friends, the Liddells. We had actually already planned on going camping with them, because it was the annual ward cubscout family campout, but I knew I would need something to motivate them to stick with the plan. Have a reward was really more for my own benefit, it sure cut down on the whining, and I also realized something...I LOVE NO TV!!! I've always used it to help me more than anything else, because I can get stuff done and know that the kids are busy and out of trouble. Now with the girls home for the summer, I didn't want them watching any TV during the day when we have such a beautiful yard to spend the summer in. It's been great, and we have just been swimming, playing, and READING!!! Yeah! I've been catching all of my children with books, all day long and I love it! TURN OFF YOUR TV'S AND ENJOY THE SUMMER!



Here are our pictures from camping-We had a great time and made many wonderful memories.




Joseph and his watermelon


Emily, Isabelle Liddell, Jenna

1 comment:

Dana said...

I wish Stuart liked to read. He's a good reader, but he doesn't enjoy it. I hate TV, too, and try to limit it, but with this crazy move, the kids have had way too much TV and video game entertainment. Our new home is located near the British Trust for Ornithology (bird habitat and research). We took a hike around a little lake near our new home. The kids loved it. We're going to have to get out more often before the weather turns colder.