Sunday, November 15, 2009

Katie's New Business

Wow! I started my own business. It's called "Katie's Cakery" and I do custom cakes for special occasions. I think I should change my business cards to say "Katie's Cakery-anything but weddings." I want to do fun cakes for birthdays, holidays and other fun celebrations. I don't want to do wedding cakes for stressed out, grouchy brides and their mothers!

I started yesterday by setting up a display table at a Bazaar at my children's school and taking orders. My goal was to give out business cards, get possible future clients and get 1 order, but I ended up with 4 orders by the end of the day! I'm so excited! Everyone was very enthusiastic about my cakes and seemed to be interested in remembering me for their next party.

Here are some of the cakes I did for the Bazaar, and a link to the blog I created especially for Katie's Cakery.

http://www.customcakesatkatiescakery.blogspot.com/


This is a picture of my complete table display. Many people told me they didn't realize they were cakes until they read the sign. One lady thought they were pillows, and another thought I was selling toys. My table was popular with the children and several took business cards to give to their parents. Peoplewere even taking pictures!



"Cheeseburger and Fries"
This was a favorite for many, and it was also my first order! A boy
and his mother ordered it for his birthday in January.



"Zebra Purse"
This cake was especially fun to make. I made it will all
white fondant and "painted it" with food coloring.



"Lightening McQueen"
This cake is Ben's favorite, of course. At least I
already know what to do for his next birthday!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my cakes. I sure had fun making them! Wish me luck on my new adventure in self-employment!


3 comments:

Claudia said...

Amazing! Good luck with your business...wish you could ship me one for my next party!

Rachelle said...

WOW!! WOW!!!

Love it! you are so talented! AMAZING!!! Good luck!! You will do well!

Ariana said...

Amazing cakes, Katie! Congratulations on starting your own business and best of luck!

Ariana