Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Latest Two Cakes

Garfield and His Lasagna
Belle Cosmetics
I've been having so much fun in my kitchen! I just finished the Garfield cake this afternoon. I think it turned out well. Cartoons are hard to do with cake because the color and look has to be perfect or else it won't look like the character. I think I got pretty close.


The "Belle Cosmetics" cake was for Jenna's best friend Isabelle. Her family calls her "Belle" so I thought up this idea. I used a lot of pearl dust to make it sparkly, and it was DELICIOUS!! Strawberry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. YUM!


I just got my own website, so check it out. KatiesCakery.net


Happy Baking!

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Amazing! You are so creative!

The Petrini Post said...

Katie! Those cakes are amazing! Really, you have such an artistic talent that I admire and the website looks great! I hope you are all doing well! I miss talking to you girl....why did you have to up and move? I guess my move around the world didn't help either, but I would love to get your phone number and call you sometime! Take care girl!
Melissa

Twinmomwv said...

Isabelle's cake turned out so cute! I love Garfield in the lasagna pan. Good job!

Ariana said...

Katie, your cakes are just getting better and better! I love all of them! Your new website is great, too. Congratulations!