Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Easy Marshmallow Fondant

I never knew there was a way to make fondant at home. That is, until a friend shared a recipe with me for marshmallow fondant. I worked on it, simplified it, and know I want to share it.

Easy Marshmallow Fondant
1 package mini-marshmallows
2 cups +1/2 cup powdered sugar

  • Pour marshmallows into a large plastic mixing bowl and microwave for 1 minute.



  • Stir in 2 cups powdered sugar



  • Wet your hands, and continue to mix the dough with your hands, kneading it in the mixing bowl as you would bread dough



  • Knead the fondant on the counter for about 5 minutes, sprinkling first with powdered sugar and continuing to add powdered sugar to keep the fondant from feeling sticky


  • Form into a ball and cover with plastic wrap until it's needed, or use immediately

span style="font-family:verdana;font-size:130%;">I hope this turns out to be a new and fun way to decorate your cakes. Many people don't like the taste of store-bought fondant. I think this recipe tastes much better, and is also easier to work with because it's softness.

2 comments:

Twinmomwv said...

So much easier than melting the marshmallows!

The cool family! said...

Awesome!! I like marshmallow fondant too! Here is a link to the recipe (with pics!) that I used many years ago... that ONE time I attempted a cake, LOL! It was fun!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=238211.0