Saturday, December 13, 2008

I Have Become the Little Mermaid


No, I have not sprouted fins or started wearing a shirt souly comprised of sea shells. Nor have I dyed my hair a very bright shade of red. But after trying to organize my kitchen, I can confidently say "I have gadgets and gizmos aplenty. I have whozits and whatzits galore. You want thingamabobs? I've got 20!"




Why is it that each and every kitchen chore has it's very own tool. I have succumbed to the pressure to be a Pampered Chef. Well, I am calling for a kitchen gadget revolution. After living for the last several months without these said gadgets and gizmos while we've been in the moving process, I have learned how to chop onions without the help of the Pampered Chef Food Chopper. I have learned to separate egg whites and yolks the good old fashion way like my Grandmother does it, without the help of an egg separator. I have become accustomed to washing spatulas and cooking spoons when they become dirty, instead of using 5 during the course of one baking session. I have used towels as hot pads & pot holders and forks as whisks. I have peeled and sliced my own apples without the help of the Pampered Chef Apple-Corer-Peeler-Slicer and sliced my own tomatoes without a Mandolin. I have come to the conclusion that we can successfully run our kitchen with 1 dish towel, 1 wooden spoon, 1 fork, 1 spatula, a very sharp knife and a can opener.




Housewives of the 21st Century, I say we throw down the shackles of gadgets that bind us!
(as soon as Christmas baking season is over:-)

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Ha, ha! Very funny, I agree. And I would write some more right now, but I have to hunt through my drawers for the lemon zester.

kelly kinney said...

and a dinglehopper

The cool family! said...

Funny post!