Sunday, December 28, 2008

More Pictures of Our New House!

I've been promising for a while now that I would get some pictures of our new house on my blog. Well the long awaited day has finally arrived. This is our new home. We love living here with all the space and beautiful scenery. The neighbors are really great and I've already been to 2 parties at our neighbors homes. They're all really welcoming and friendly.

This is a picture of our home from the road.


This is our family room. We enjoyed having our first "real" fireplace this Christmas so Santa could come down the chimney and see that our "stocking were hung by the chimney with care." No one received any coal in their stockings, though many threats were made.


This is my new kitchen. I love the color that Andy painted it. He spent so much time painting the whole main floor and did a beautiful job! In my new kitchen, the gas stove is on the island and the double wall oven (which I've always dreamed of) is on the wall next to where I was standing when I took this picture. These bar stools are great for when the kids grab a snack or a quick bowl of cereal in the morning. We have 4 stools so that each one of them has their own spot (we can't let Ben and Joseph sit next to each other on them because Ben fell off his stool yesturday under suspicious circumstances while Joseph was next to him.)




This is our bedroom. Can you believe it? There's a gas fireplace?! I love it! One of our favorite features is the laundry shoot that runs from my bedroom to the laundry room on the main floor. It doubles as a quick "toy elevator" and also works very well to yell for mom when she's in her bedroom. The intercom system has also become the kids own built-in walkee talkees. It just a big playhouse!




This is the view from the balcony in our bedroom. Isn't it spectacular? We own about 6 acres of the trees that you can see, which the children have great plans for. Tree houses, camping spots, hiking trails, secret forts...it's exactly why we fell in love with this home.


More will come as we complete more rooms. Soon you'll get to see the den (how exciting!)

6 comments:

nbalike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The cool family! said...

What in the world is THAT?? An ad on your comments?? LAME!!!!
ANyway, back to your house... BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait to see it on Thursday!!!!!

Jen said...

What a beautiful house! I love the colors you picked out and the view is amazing. I'm so jealous that you have a laundry shoot. I want one!

Partner Family said...

Such a beautiful piece of property. I miss West Virginia! I have been looking at pictures from when I lived there and it makes me so sad. I hope you and your family have wonderful times in your new home.

Stephanie

The Hardys Go To Washington DC said...

Katie, I LOVE your house! We were sad to miss your housewarming party, how did it go? Your blog is cute, I tagged you on my blog!
Valaney :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful home! Who is going to mow that lawn? Did you say you had neighbors? The window design in your bedroom is so unique! A fireplace in the bedroom is so romatic! Don't get any ideas! I always wanted a balcony off our bedroom. What a View!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!