Monday, December 8, 2008

Settling In

We live in the most beautiful place in the world. I woke up this morning to Emily pulling on my arm saying "Look Mommy, the sunrise!" Right out my bedroom window, over the Blue Ridge Mountains was the most beautiful sunrise I'd ever seen. The sunsets are spectacular as well. When there are wispy clouds in the sky, they'll turn bright pink and cover the whole sky. I love looking out my window and seeing mountains and trees. This is a great place to live.

We went to our new ward yesterday, and everyone was so welcoming. It seemed like everyone there came up to me at some point and introduced themselves. One wonderful woman offered to bring us dinner that evening (it was delicious!), and another family invited us over for dinner tonight. The women all organized themselves into an army and came over this morning and helped me get my home in order. The kitchen is set-up, the kid's rooms are getting more organized and even the Christmas Tree was put together. It's so nice to feel so welcomed and loved. I love this church-no matter where you move, you have friends.

1 comment:

MANDY said...

Wow, what a great group of RS sisters! There is definitely nothing like a view of the App. mountains from your home. So happy for you!