Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Quick Update...

Just to get you all up to speed. We're in Harpers Ferry drowning in a sea of paint, carpeting and soap suds. The kids are loving every minute and Andy and I are excited about this chance to make this house our very own. The pool has been power washed, and refilled and looks wonderful-we can hardly wait for summer. The boys actually ask quite frequently if we can go swimming-I think we have a couple of polar bears in our family. We've been quite the spot for fun for the neighborhood kids, and I'm so glad for it. Yesterday, the 10 year old boy up the street said, "The people who used to live here were really mean, but you guys are AWESOME!!" I'm glad the kids feel like they can come over and play, I'm sure to turn in to the true neighborhood mom, baking cookies and all.

I hope to add pictures soon. The movers are coming on Monday and we'll take pictures as rooms are set up. Until then, back to the cleaning bucket:-)

2 comments:

MANDY said...

I have no doubt that your house will be the place to be for your neighborhood kids. That is awesome!

The cool family! said...

LOL, I can picture you baking cookies and having all the kids over to play!
Very cool! I can't wait to see it!