Wednesday, November 19, 2008

THE BIG DAY!


I did the title in all capitols because I feel like jumping around and yelling. I'm so excited that the day has finally come that we are buying our new home. We're going up to Harpers Ferry to order carpeting at noon, then we're doing our final walk through at 1pm, and we'll close on the house at 3pm. We're going to go out to dinner with the kids to celebrate, then "camp out" at the new house tonight. We'll build a fire and have a fun first night in our new home.

Tomorrow, we have the satellite company hooking up the TV (top priority:-) and some guys coming to clean out all the air ducts in the house. The previous family had cats, and since the kids and I are allergic, we're having the ducts cleaned, too, to be sure all the cat hair and dander is out of the system. We're having a cleaning lady come to clean the kitchen and bathrooms on Friday, and new carpeting going in on Saturday while we start painting. It's all so busy and exciting!

Tomorrow night, we'll come back to Germantown because I'm going out with the girls! We're meeting for a book group, then we're going out to a restaurant called the Green Turtle for dessert and going to the midnight showing of Twilight. Oh, boy! I hope I have time to run to the mall to get my "Edward" shirt:-)

6 comments:

Claudia said...

Your home look beautiful! I hope the days goes off without a hitch, and that you enjoy your camping adventure tonight!

Rachelle said...

That is so exciting! Good luck with everything and have a great time! You'll love the new house!

I'm looking forward to the movie too! We are all going (a bunch of us girls) at 5pm on friday night...should be so good!

Colleen said...

Katie-
It's so nice to read about you and your family. Good luck with your move. I look forward to keeping up with the Kennedy's.
Ian and I will be on the east coast for most of May. Hopefully we'll be able to see you!

Colleen

Twinmomwv said...

Hooray! We're residents of the same state! Congratulations. We can't wait to come visit.

Becca said...

How exciting! I love your home! It's so big, and your yard is so spacious! Hopefully everything went well with closing.

I went and saw Twilight on Friday, and enjoyed it. Did you have a good time?

MANDY said...

Gorgeous home, Katie! Congratulations!