Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A New Chapter


How exciting! I've always enjoy reading my dear friend Corinne's blog, and now I've taken her example and have started my own. The thing that really encouraged me was when I just read her blog about turning it all into a book and how her children enjoy hearing about what they've done in the past that was exceptionally funny. (And Corinne's kids ARE exceptionally funny). I want to have all of these wonderful things recorded, too. I think it's a great thing to keep these thoughts and memories to always look back on, and whether or not many people read it (though I'm sure the grandparents will:-) I'm sure these ramblings will be treasured in time.



Now, for the title of this blog. "A New Chapter." We're taking a huge step in our lives and have sold our home in Germantown, MD and are buying a home in Harpers Ferry, WV. I think what ended up pushing us to this decision was that our children are getting older. They're now 2,4,6 & 8, and we needed to decide where we are going to raise them, in the city or in the country. Andy and I are country folks at heart and given the choice, we want to raise them in the country. We'll be 40 minutes from where we live now, so hopefully will keep in touch with the dear friends we love so much.



We've lived in Germantown for over 10 years now. When we moved here, Andy and I were newlyweds, and Andy was starting his first "grown-up job." I graduated from Montgomery College and we started our family. Emily was our first and when she was 6 months old we moved into our brand new home. Jenna, Joseph and Benjamin each came along every two years, keeping us busy and very happy. I feel like I've grown up here, because I really did. I came here a kid and now I'm a wife, mother, friend, daughter, sister. I've served in callings that have pushed me forward spiritually, like Young Women's President and wife of a seminary teacher (yes that's a calling, too:-) and Primary Presidency Counselor. I've learned from truly great priesthood leaders and have had my testimony of our church blossom and grow. I am so much a better person for having lived in the Quince Orchard Ward, and I'm so grateful for everyone I've served with and known there.



And now for a new chapter. Next week we buy our house in Harpers Ferry, WV. It has a breathtaking view and all the fresh air you could ever want. There are more stars there at night than I knew were up there-it's amazing. It will be an adventure. I'll keep you posted...

14 comments:

Claudia said...

Welcome to blogland! So glad to have you here.
Congratulations on this new chapter in your lives - I wish you all the happiness in the world in your new home.
Check us out when you have a chance: www.smeltzerfamilylife.blogspot.com

grandma and grandpa w said...

Katie I am a little jealous of your moving to Harprs Ferry. It is beautiful there. Good luck and tell all of the children hello for Brother and Sister Waggoner.

The Petrini Post said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you decided to join us Blogger-fanatics! I will love keeping updated with your family, esp. since you are moving. :( Make sure to post often with lots of pics of you family and of course, your new house!
Melissa

The Petrini Post said...

P.s. our family blog is www.petrini.blogspot.com

Lynette said...

Katie,
It's great to see your new blog. I love your motto! It's SO much easier to keep in touch with past friends this way. Congrats on the new home. I bet you guys will LOVE it there. If you send me your email I'll put you on our blog list. That is if you'd like to be on our blog list. Have a great day. (ballardlynette@hotmail.com)

Dana said...

Wow, that sounds so great. I would LOVE to live in the country, especially if there was a little less rain! Hope nobody ends up bringing their cat to church out there in WV! A great place to have your blog published is blurb.com. Their prices are the cheapest of anywhere I've seen, and I love their quality!

scott and tara said...

Good luck with this new chapter in your life. It will be exciting and refreshing to move to the country. I'm sure the QO Ward is going to miss you guys terribly, though. I emailed you my blog address so we can continue to keep in touch.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new home! Sounds like you and your family are doing great. Blogging...maybe I should try this. Take care. I hope to read more of your blogs in the near future.

Lauren

Corinne said...

WAHOO!!! You made me have a nice feeling, friend :) I'm thrilled that I can find out what's happening with you and I am expecting an invitation to come visit when you are all settled in your beautiful country home. My kids would LOVE to play with yours for a day :)

By the way, it's so wonderful to me that I knew you way back then, that I helped you dry wall that basement so you could live in it, remember? Great times :)

Becca said...

How fun, you have your own blog! I love reading how our friends are doing. Good luck in Harper's Ferry! I can't wait to see the pictures of your house! Check out our blog at coolclaw.blogspot.com.

MANDY said...

Katie, great to see you've started a blog. And,to be filled in on what's been going on with your family since our days in Mo-town oh-so-long-ago! Moving away and becoming grown-ups has been a blessing for us, too. In fact, I think your friend Corrine, is the sister of my dear friend Erin. What a great family they are! It'll be great to keep up with you this way.....check us out at mandypoebennett.blogspot.com

Twinmomwv said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! Does this mean you'll finally read MY blog now?

Mrs. B said...

Yes, welcome!! Good to hear from you. Our blog is www.brienfamily.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Congratulations on the new house. It looks beautiful! I too am a country girl at heart so I completely understand about wanting to get away. I hope you keep in touch! Our family blog is www.busymom01.blogspot.com