Saturday, November 15, 2008

Does anyone need anything from K-Mart?

I am amazed with technology. You can buy anything you want or need by just sliding a plastic card through a machine and signing a piece of paper. You get into Disney World with a thumb print scanner (after you've mortgaged your house to pay for the tickets first, of course). It blows my mind. Today, I had two close encounters with amazing technology. I was on the phone with our satellite TV company and asked them to upgrade our DVR. I don't know how I ever watched TV without a digital video recorder. I've thought the one we have is amazing because it could store 25 hrs of TV shows, but the one we're upgrading to has the space to store 150 hrs! I was shocked! I'll never have to erase an episode of NCIS so Andy can tape the WVU football game again. Hurray!

My other brush with the future was at K-Mart. I know, not the place you'd first think to come in contact with the latest technology but I am living in Montgomery County, Maryland (for now) so stay with me. Many of you are familiar with the ultra-fun shopping carts they have at grocery stores that have a car on the front for your kids to sit in and pretend to drive while you push the cart through the store. At K-Mart in Gaithersburg, Maryland they have gone one step further. They have shopping carts with cars on the front for your kids to sit in, that have a built-in television for your kids to watch while you shop. I guess this is the byproduct of DVD players in every mini-van so kids can't be brought to school without watching a movie on the way. Now, we need TV for them to watch while we are shopping. Personally, I think it's the best idea to come to shopping since debit cards and I'll shop there everytime I need to take my children along. I actually want to come up with an excuse to go there so I can just walk around the store while they watch the cool car-TV. Does anyone need anything from K-Mart?

2 comments:

Corinne said...

WOW. I have never heard of such I thing. I've been dragging along my ipod for Preston to watch backyardigans on :)

MANDY said...

How awesome! I've been known to take along our portable DVD player and sit the kids in the cart while pulling another cart behind me. What we'll do for some peace while shopping!