Monday, November 17, 2008

Presidential Security According to a 4-Year-Old

Have you heard that President Bush spends a lot of time at Camp David? Well, he does (and I would, too if I were him). We often see the presidential helicopters passing over Germantown on Fridays and Mondays from the President's weekend break. On the way to Burger King today, we saw the president passing over on his way back to DC. I pointed the helicopters out to the kids and told them that the President was in one of them and the other had a bunch of Secret Service security guards. They asked why the president had guards, and I told them that some bad people want to try to hurt the president because he's such an important man. Joseph then said, "I want to be a guard! I want to be in the Secret Service!" I told him he'd be a great secret service agent and that he could definitely do that when he grew up. He them told us all, "When I'm a secret service agent, I'll just walk up to the people and say, 'Are you a good guy or a bad guy?' If it's a good guy, I'll let him in and if it's a bad guy I'll fight him." If it were only that simple.