Friday, November 21, 2008

A Night Out, And Quite the Adventure

I've been trying to post everyday, so here we go. In my opinion, it's still Thursday because I haven't been to bed yet. Technically, though, it's Friday at 3am. I know what you're thinking-"What in the world is she doing up at 3am?" Well, I just got home from a VERY fun night out with my friends. It was quite the adventure. I'd spent the whole day cleaning our new house with Andy, and came back to Germantown just in time to jump in the shower and get ready for my fun night out. We all met at my friend Maricelle's house for a book discussion (The Goose Girl-very cute). We were have a great time, when the discussion suddenly went to Saturday Night Live skits they'd seen recently that were especially funny. We pulled out the computer and started watching some clips on the Internet of SNL doing Sara Palin and Hilary Clinton (hilarious). Well, I guess some of us were laughing too hard, because all of a sudden, one of the women (who happened to be 9 months pregnant) said that her water just broke. Thank you SNL. If you ever talk to a very pregnant woman needing a tip to go into labor, just show them some clips of Saturday Night Live. That'll do the trick. She wanted to just drive herself home, but the 10 mothers in the room wouldn't hear of it. I drove her back to her house in her car while a friend followed. It was pretty exciting. After we got back to the house, the rest of us went out to The Green Turtle and had the yummiest chocolate fudge brownie sundae, and other fantastic appetizers and desserts. This was all leading up to seeing the movie we'd all been waiting for-Twilight-which opened at 12:01am. We all loved it and had so much fun. The only thing I didn't like about it was the previews before the movie-they were pretty scary! I loved Twilight, though, of course. On the way home, we had some more excitement, but for my dear friend Allison's sake, I won't give any details. Let's just say the police were involved but she didn't end up getting a ticket and we'll leave it at that. All in all, it was a very fun day.

PS While at the theater, we took guesses on when we thought Carrie's baby would arrive. He ended up being born at about 1:30am and his name is Isaac (thought we think he should be named Edward since he was born during the world premier of Twilight:-)

3 comments:

Corinne said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I was with a huge group too - it makes it so much more fun :)

Becca said...

Sounds like you did have a great time! I miss you ladies, and all the fun we had. Is Carrie new in the ward?

MANDY said...

What a fun night! And all of that excitement in one night....wow!