Friday, November 14, 2008

Joseph "Martha Stewart" Kennedy

I am up to my eyeballs in paint samples. I love it when I walk into a house and you see color on the walls. Well, the new house has nothing but white walls-to me, a blank canvas. Now I just need to decide what colors to paint them. We've had light tan walls for about a year now, with a red living room and tan & red dining room.


I've loved it, but I don't want to just do the same thing in the new house. I'm sure that as soon as I walk into it on Wednesday, the walls will speak to me (creatively speaking of course) and I will know exactly what to do.

As far as the kids rooms go-they don't like white walls either. The only problem is getting them to make up their minds. Emily and Jenna will share a room, but Jenna wants her half to be Tinker Bell and Emily wants her half to be High School Musical (you gotta love Disney). We'll see how that turns out. Hopefully I can convince them to agree on what they've had for room decor in their current room, a light blue wall with a tree and flowers.


The boys are a whole other ballgame. Ben will go along with whatever Joseph wants, but Joseph wants too many different things. The downfall of being able to paint just about anything is that the kids end up wanting just about everything. Joseph wants a camping room, with outer space on the ceiling, with talking race cars, Transformers flying and a Lightening McQueen bed. Ben just says "Me Too!"

This is what their room looks like in our Germantown house.

I'll let you know how this all turns out-at least it will be interesting, and I love interesting.

1 comment:

MANDY said...

wow, sounds like you're going to be busy! I had my kids choose one solid color that matched their bedding....well, Bethany HAD to have pink and I chose a couple of greens I liked and then had my 2 yr old, Mallory, point to one of them. We've used lots of earth tones......olive green, aloe, taupe, nature's bounty (which is like a grey-brown) and light yellows and sand.....very fun to have those contrasts throughout the house. Have a great time decorating!!